Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Interpreter of dreams


It would have been just another day, if not for one remarkable reason. It was on this very day that I saw her for the first time and It only took me a minute to decide- “This is what I have been waiting all my life and "THIS IS IT" I swore, perhaps presumptuously”. What happened next was something I could not have conjured even in the wildest of my dreams.

She was advancing gracefully towards me. As the angel came closer I was awestruck, my heart refused to beat and mind-body coordination was no more. The only reason I managed to hang on was because my mouth was wide open (perhaps in awe) and this helped to seep in whatever little oxygen was available. She drew closer to me and I saw the angel clearly for the first time.

Images of my life when I was dejected and down played on the projector of my mind and I thought “I could happily endure all those dejections and disappointments not just once but a zillion times, just to have this one moment with her!” Unconsciously tears started dripping down my cheeks blurring my vision. I panicked and frantically started wiping my tears, for I could not afford to take my eyes off her even for a split second. I looked in to her eyes intently trying to capture this very moment and lock it in my sub consciousness mind (kal ho Na ho). She continued to look in to my eyes, her face motionless as though she had been hypnotised.

And then the unexpected happened. She held my face in her hands and I could feel my skin melting under her hands. She kissed me and whatever little oxygen was available, now completely evaded me! I don’t have words to describe the way I felt at the moment. A wave of contentment washed over me. It was like being on the cloud nine to say the least and I came to the following conclusions:-

1. I wouldn’t care if I die the next minute, for this life was worth the moment with her.
2. No matter what I have to endure, if there is life it’s with her and for once I couldn’t think of an alternative.

It was then that she said something, Words which would be etched in my mind forever. “Would you be mine” was what she said. Every letter of her struck my subconscious with such brutal force that I was no longer able to comprehend things clearly. I desperately tried to say yes, but I couldn’t even open my mouth and no words came out. She empathised, painfully looked in to my eyes and said – “I am death. Do you want to come with me”? I shrieked “Yes” without a second thought and then felt something hard on my head. I blissfully drifted to unconsciousness - in to her open arms of death.

Epilogue:-
I woke up with a thud next morning and felt as though a heavy log was placed on my head. Then the obvious hit me – “I was dreaming!” Then I thought death isn’t so painful and this realization reaffirmed the obvious.

Try to replace death with the beautiful woman in the above scenario and everything would fit in so perfectly. May be this is how death is – “So inviting, so promiscuous, so surreal and yet so attractive!”

PS:-
It was emotionally draining for me to write this and am drifting back to sleep now, trying to find my angel :) . This is entirely a work of fiction or rather mindless ramblings of an ailing Software engineer :P


1 comment:

  1. Woah..!! A passionate and dark face of an otherwise fickle and happy-go-lucky guy . This piece takes you to versatility. BTW TC Buddy, don't think hard in solitude.

    ReplyDelete